Skip to Content

Get the County Services You Already Pay Taxes For

Greetings Investors!


It’s easy to carefully weigh major purchases, painstakingly pouring over financial documents and reviews to reach an informed conclusion about which is the best purchase for you.  What is more difficult is when you have regular payments like taxes and fees that you must make to entities such as the county, city and state and of course your wonderful condo or homeowner’s association.  You are stuck making the payments anyways so you just shrug your shoulders each month, write the check and move on.  But this is actually one of the places where you as an investor can make sure that you are maximizing your profits.

Use County Services…Such as Police Patrols
You pay a lot of money to your county for the services it is supposed to provide.  The most common and important of course are emergency and trash services.  And while you can’t actually order fire rescue services what you can order is some basic police assistance.  Most counties and police departments offer a patrol assignment service where you can actually request that a regular patrol take place in a certain area.  So for example, if you had a break in at a property, you could put your tenant at some peace of mind by requesting a regular patrol of the property.  Make sure to let your tenant know that you are looking out for their safety which will make them more likely to acquiesce when it comes time for regular rent increases.

Bulky Pickups for Yard Work
If you have a company that does a yearly clearing of trees on your property you can also request a bulky pickup of the tree and yard clippings that will probably reduce your costs with the yard maintenance company, as many of them charge to haul away debris.  Additionally, if the trash can at your property is damaged in any way you can request a replacement usually free of charge.  How many times have you driven by trash cans that are missing their lids?  This is not only unsightly, it attracts rodents and bugs which can damage your property.  Get it replaced for free!

Street and Electric Services
The county must keep roads and sidewalks in good working order.  If there are cracks or potholes in the area around your property you can have them fixed for free just by contacting the county.  It may take some time of course but it is free and will maintain the value the value of your property. And another important part of the environment surrounding your property is street lights.  If they are out FPL will replace them for free, and usually they do it relatively quickly.

These are just some of the services that you ALREADY PAY FOR that you should be benefiting from.  For more information on this and the hundreds of other ways we can help your bottom line, contact Real Property Management Miami at 305-517-3900.

We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.

The Neighborly Done Right Promise

The Neighborly Done Right Promise ® delivered by Real Property Management, a proud Neighborly company

When it comes to finding the right property manager for your investment property, you want to know that they stand behind their work and get the job done right – the first time. At Real Property Management we have the expertise, technology, and systems to manage your property the right way. We work hard to optimize your return on investment while preserving your asset and giving you peace of mind. Our highly trained and skilled team works hard so you can be sure your property's management will be Done Right.

Canada excluded. Services performed by independently owned and operated franchises.

See Full Details